Truffles with red wine
It may sound strange to mix chocolate and wine, even many people say that they two elements that do not harmonize well, but the truth is that it is a perfect combination since they are gastronomic products with more common elements than you can imagine. As long as you choose the type of chocolate and wine well.
Cocoa, like wine has fruity aromas and is a powerful antioxidant. Both provide minerals, are a source of protein, contain tannins, are recommended to be consumed daily by doctors (rightly so) and both have a strong antidepressant power.
The recipe with which we are going to delight combines both ingredients in a different way, we will learn how to make truffles with red wine.
We will need these ingredients:
1 Bottle of Chain Hole Cabernet
350gr Pure chocolate 75% cocoa
½ cup of milk cream
Chocolate flakes to cover it
It is essential to take into account that the wine is the same or a little sweeter than the chocolate that accompanies it, if this does not happen we will notice more bitterness which will cause its quality to decrease.
- Start by placing 2 cm of water in a pan and wait for it to boil.
- Place a container in the water and in the container the cream and the wine; leave on the stove, stirring until it is warm.
- Remove from the heat and add the chocolate in pieces.
- Mix until you get a smooth texture.
- Keep it in the refrigerator for approximately 4 hours.
- With a spoon remove portions of the mixture and shape it into balls.
Finally, cover the balls with chocolate lacquers to make them look prettier.
Refrigerate them again so they do not lose their initial shape, and then serve them.
As a tip, we recommend you accompany these truffles with a glass of Hoya de Cadenas Cabernet. Without a doubt, these truffles with wine are a worthy treat, enjoy them!