Red wine sorbet
You know that we are true wine enthusiasts? Red wine and the summer time are not usually related, but if you are a great enthusiast of red wine, then drinking anything else in summer is a big mistake, since there are many ways you can drink it. Today we offer you a recipe that will be your perfect pairing this summer. Red wine sorbet.
A simple recipe with which you can surprise your guests on hot summer days. It is easy to make, rich in antioxidants and the perfect accompaniment to summer aperitifs or after a filling meal.
For this type of recipe it is not advisable to use a wine from the Christmas hamper, we must bear in mind that if the wine is of a certain quality, then your sorbet will taste much better.
If you do not want to run the risk and go for a safer option we recommend the 100% Shiraz Hoya de Cadenas. Why? The shiraz is a variety with an attractive cherry colour that, depending on where it is grown, has certain characteristics or others. In this case, it is grown in the Mediterranean and is characterized mainly by its aroma of cassis, violet and black fruit (plum jam, black currant, blackberry, etc).
1 Bottle of Hoya de Cadenas Shiraz, 75cl
250gr. Brown sugar
2 Cinnamon sticks
1 lemon (zest)
- Pour the bottle of Hoya de Cadenas Shiraz in a saucepan with 250 gr of brown sugar, 2 cinnamon sticks and the lemon zest.
- Boil until the alcohol has evaporated from the wine. A little trick to know if the alcohol has evaporated is to take out a teaspoon of the wine and try to light it with a lighter. If it does not ignite, then the alcohol will have evaporated and it will be ready.
- Turn off the heat, strain it and let the liquid cool until it is at room temperature.
- When it is cold, pour the liquid into a large container, not too deep, and put it in the freezer until it solidifies. It is advisable to remove it every half hour.
- With the help of a fork, scratch and remove the granita and serve it in individual cups
- Garnish the sorbet with mint leaves and summer fruits.