Type of wine: Crianza Red Wine
Appellation of Origin: Rioja Calificada
Grape varieties: 100% Tempranillo
Alcohol content: 14%
The harvest is carried out by hand in the second half of September. This wine is made from a selection of La Rioja’s finest Tempranillo grapes. Controlled fermentation at 26ºC and subsequent ageing in American and French oak barrels for 12 months. Bottle aged for a minimum of six months.
Recommended with red meats, game and matured cheeses.
Garnet red colour, translucent, medium-high depth, ruby edges. Its aroma evokes jammy red and dark berry fruits, well balanced with the balsamic, vanilla and toasted notes coming from the wood. On the palate it displays its complexity, with good structure and balance, the predominant flavours being jammy red fruit, with café crème and cocoa notes.
- Wine Enthusiast (USA)
- 90 points ~ Best Buy
- (DOUBLE GOLD) Sakura Awards (Japan)
- Berliner Wein Trophy (Germany)
- Concours Mondial Bruxelles (Belgium)
- Mundus Vini (Germany)
- Odessa Zaliv (Ukraine)
- Monde Selection (Belgium)
- CWSA China Wine and Spirits Competition (China)
- Premium Select Wine Challenge (Germany)
- Vinalies Internationales (France)
- Vinul (Romania)
- Selection Magazine (Germany)
- Wine Spectator (USA)
- 89 points ~ Best Value
- La Semana Vitivinícola Guide (Spain)
- 92 Points